Followers

Monday, April 17, 2017

Is Spring Finally Here?????

Hello everyone: I'm sure some of you have experienced a very rocky start for Spring, up here in the Mid West, we have had beautiful, warm, sunny days followed by cloudy, rainy and down right cold days so, it's a miracle the flowers are blooming and the trees are starting to show their brand new leaves so, to celebrate this beautiful season, I made this card which I will link to a few challenges at the end of this post.


This lovely bouquet of Spring flowers is from the Power Poppy set called Springtime Love. I stamped it onto a scalloped die cut piece of Strathmore water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with my brand new water color paints from Sakura Koi. The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Dynamic Duos: Foxglove and Ranunculus, the little bees are from one of the images, I snipped them off from the stamp to be able to use them like this, I keep them in a small zip lock back that is taped securely to the set. Pattern paper and ribbon from my stash.
*********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Both the sentiment and the little flowers are from this same set.

I'm linking this cards to the following challenges.

This is the sketch I followed.

613 Avenue Create, Anything Goes with optional twist of "Anything Spring"
613 Avenue Create

Great Impressions Theme Challenge "April Showers Bring May Flowers"

Penny Black And More April Challenge "Spring Flowers"
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #56 "Anything Goes"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Beautiful! I'm hoping Sonny isn't the only one with Spring weather glad to hear you're seeing leaves! Gorgeous take on the Power Poppy Sketch! How do you like your new paints? Let's see more!

Brian King said...

Beautiful! Your colors are always so bright and vibrant. Love this card!

Mary Fish said...

Brilliant coloring!

Sandy Palmer said...

Lovely card. I love the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

ChristineCreations said...

You’ve created a lovely little flower garden Maria! Those little bees on the sentiment are so cute too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

brenda said...

A really pretty Springtime floral creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

SewPaperPaint said...

Woo hoo! New watercolors? I'm coming over! ;0 Love this to bits. Great image, definitely on my wish list. Beautiful with the layered scalloped circles. Hugs, Autumn

Stacy Morgan said...

Springy for this one, Maria... :-) I like the vibrant colors of the flowers and the tag is darling. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely spring card! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month. I hope you come back next month.
Ruza
Ruza's Craft Corner

Debi said...

Fabulous spring flower stamp. I recognize that paper from my stash! And I love the little bees. Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Great Impressions Challenge. Good luck. Debi DT

susiestacey said...

Lovely card. pretty stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Spring' challenge and good luck x Susan x